Katherine Wood: A Guide to Delete Telegram Account Permanently
A Guide to Delete Telegram Account Permanently
Like Facebook and WhatsApp Messenger, Telegram is also a popular and commonly used instant messaging app. It is also used by millions of people from all over the world. The app provides its users with various useful features to enhance their socializing experience. And along with text messaging, Telegram users can also make video and audio calls to other users. They can chat in groups and can send voice messages, animated stickers in their chats. Anyone can use the Telegram instant messaging app on any of the devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac computers. It is completely safe to use this application on any of the devices. But, there can be some users who might want to delete their Telegram account for some security reasons.
Are you also a Telegram user? Do you also want to delete your account but don’t know how to do so? If that is the situation, then there is no need to worry at all. Here, in the following article, we are going to provide you with the procedure for deleting a Telegram account. To discover the methods, you will have to go through this complete article.
The Techniques for Deleting a Telegram Account
It doesn’t matter why you are going to delete your Telegram account, but with the techniques that we are going to mention here, you will be able to do so without any difficulty. Here, we have provided two different methods that you can easily follow. Before moving towards the procedures, you need to know that once you have deleted your Telegram account, all of your chats, contact lists, and groups will be deleted permanently. So, you need to be sure if you actually want to do so. Also, if you don’t access your Telegram account for more than six weeks, the platform will automatically delete your account. And now, after discussing all this, it’s finally time to move towards our techniques.
Method 1: Deleting Telegram Account by Scheduling Account Deletion
As mentioned earlier, if a Telegram account is not accessed for more than six weeks, the account will be deleted automatically. If you want, you can also change the scheduling settings based on your preferences. Here’s how you can do so:
- Firstly, you will have to launch the Telegram app on your device.
- After launching the app, tap on the menu icon. And now, from the options appearing on your screen, select “Settings.”
- On the Settings screen, scroll down through your screen and choose the “Privacy and Security” option.
- And now, under the Privacy and Security settings, scroll down to find the option of “If Away For” and then tap on the option.
- After this, you will be provided with multiple options to set a time period after which you want your Telegram account to be deleted. You can choose any option.
- And now, you can delete the Telegram app from your device. And after the time period that you have selected, your Telegram account will be deleted. And that’s all.
Method 2: The Steps for Deleting the Telegram Account Instantly
To delete your Telegram account immediately, you will have to use a web browser. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to delete your Telegram account instantly:
- To proceed with this method, first of all, you will have to open a web browser on your device.
- After launching a web browser, navigate to the Telegram Account Management page.
- After you get to the page, sign in to your account by entering your contact number.
- And now, navigate to the option of &ldquoelete Account.”
- After this, you will be asked to provide a reason for deleting your Telegram account. Enter any reason and then go to the &ldquoelete My Account” button that you can see appearing at the bottom of your screen.
- And now, a pop-up window will show up on your screen asking if you are ready to delete your account. Here, you will have to complete the process by selecting the option of “Yes, Delete My Account.” And that’s all one needs to do to delete their Telegram account.
So, now, you have seen what you will have to do to remove your Telegram account. Follow any of these techniques. And if you want to explore more, you can get to our website.