Robert Vadra: QUICKBOOKS ERROR 80070057
QUICKBOOKS ERROR 80070057
QuickBooks is one of the most prominent and leading accounting software in the world. It is basically oriented towards small and medium sized businesses and helps them to manage all the financial and accounting data. Like other software, QuickBooks has some errors and flaws too. One of those errors is QuickBooks error 80070057, which is a very common error which is encountered by the users with an error message saying ‘ QuickBooks error 80070057-the parameter is incorrect.’ This error occurs when the user tries to access the company file. It means the user does not have authority or permission to amend (read,write,create, or delete) the file. There could be various reasons behind this error, and if you are encountering this error, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support Number to get assistance from the technical masters who will provide you with the best solution. But before that, have a look at the list of reasons along with the steps to fix this error given below:
Reasons for QuickBooks error 80070057 are:
* When the changes or modifications have been made on QuickBooks organization files and folders extension
* A damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation file can also cause this error
* When there is a non-configured third-party firewall
* When you try to open a Portable file without opening QuickBooks
* Maybe the file you are working on is situated in USB flash drive
* It might be possible that you are using a damaged version of QuickBooks.
Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 80070057:
* You need to run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator by clicking right on the icon and selecting ‘Run as an administrator.’
* You will have to open the company file properly:
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10, then just open QuickBooks.
- Now you will see a list of QuickBooks versions from which you have to select the one which you want to open and see if it is opening automatically.
- If not, click on ‘open’ and see if the error still persists.
* You will have to move the company file to the C drive and see whether all the workstations can access the QB company file or not
* You might be using an outdated version of QuickBooks. Update QuickBooks and then check whether the issue still persists or not.
* Download QuickBooks file doctor from the official website of Intuit and run it. Once you start running it, check if the error has gone or not.
* You will have to configure BitDefender by going to its main menu and choosing AntiVirus. Choose ‘custom level’ and then select ‘Exclude Path from Scan.’ Now select ‘new’ and then choose the mapped drive or the UNC path which is used to browse a company file.
You need to follow the steps given below to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057. If you find a problem in executing these steps or if you need more information, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number where you can connect to a team of experts who will guide you to resolve the problem.