Red Dead Redemption 2 is out now for PC, but there are some users who are struggling to launch the game. Gamers who have tried to run the game straight away are reporting as it crashes instantly upon starting. If you are also playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on your system, then you may have run into a crashing problem by now. So, to overcome such issues, scroll down and follow instructions of the following methods.
Effective Ways to Resolve Red Dead Redemption 2 Bugs
In most cases, you will get the error “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly” message on your screen. Here are the ways to resolve the issue without making too much effort.
Run Red Dead Redemption 2 as Administrator in Windows:
- Open the C:\ drive on your PC.
- Navigate to where the Run Red Dead Redemption 2 game is installed.
- Find the RDR2.exe and right-click on it.
- Choose the Properties from the list of options.
- Go to Compatibility.
- Tap to check “Run this Program as an Administrator” box.
- Now, select the Disable Full-screen Optimization.
- At last, to save the change hit the Ok button.
Update the Rockstar Games Launcher:
- Close the Rockstar Game Launcher on your desktop.
- Shut down any open Rockstar Game Titles.
- In case, Rockstar Game Launcher icon is present in the Windows Taskbar, right-click on it and tap Exit to close.
- Reboot your system.
- Allow any updates of Rockstar Games Launcher to apply.
Clear Rockstar Games Launcher Profile Details:
This process will delete the Rockstar Games launcher profile completely from your system. Afterward, you have to log in to it again. It will not remove the Social club account and you will not lose any saved game or progress either. Signing in to the social club account will rebuild your local profile. Here’s how to do it.
- Go the Rockstar Games Launcher and double-click to initiate it.
- Choose Settings.
- Go to the Account information.
- Tap on the Delete Local Profile and select confirm to apply changes.
- Restart the Rockstar Games launcher now.
- Sign in to your Social Club account.
- At last, launch the Run Red Dead Redemption 2.
Disable Antivirus Software on your PC:
For some of the crashing issues, the solution appears to be straightforward and easy, i.e., turning off antivirus software in your system. For that, follow the underneath instruction to enjoy the cowboy adventures conveniently.
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Search Control panel and tap on the best match.
- Choose the Programs and Features on the following window.
- Find your antivirus and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall or remove option.
- Now, follow the instruction according to complete the procedure accordingly.
- Restart your system.
- Try to launch the Run Red Dead Redemption 2 game.
Turn off Two Cores Using Task Manager:
In case you are facing shuttering or freezing problem on your system, then there is no need to worry. It can be solved by turning off the two cores on quad-core CPUs via task manager. Follow the given steps to learn how to do it.
- Launch the Run Red Dead Redemption 2 game.
- Now, switch to the Task Manager.
- Choose the Details tab.
- Find RDR2 .exe and right-click on it.
- A menu will pop up on your screen.
- Select the Set Affinity and uncheck two CPU cores.
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
Source :- office-comsetup.uk.com/how-to-fix-red-dead-redemption-2-pc-crashes-and-bugs/
Daisy Martin is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at office.com/setup and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.