Jim Carry: Thunderbird Email Login Problem
Thunderbird Email Login Problem
Mozilla Thunderbird is an effective way to better your email experience and manage your accounts. It is a cross-platform email client that allows subscribers to manage emails and chat messages. Thunderbird, which is known as a free open source software, is developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The Mozilla Thunderbird software is designed to give you complete control over your email account, including allowing you to customize your experience and sync your email. However, you may sometimes find it difficult to access your email account or log in to Thunderbird. This article will give you some simple solutions you can use to try and fix the Thunderbird email login error. You can also call the Thunderbird customer support number and ask for technical assistance if you need help implementing the solutions.
Solutions to fix Thunderbird email login problems
Solution 1: Check the configuration and server settings
The whole point of Mozilla Thunderbird is to give users a reliable and safe email experience. If you encounter an email login problem while using Thunderbird, you need to make sure you are using the correct server settings. You can refer to the steps below to review the settings and fix the login problem:
- Step 1: Go to the account settings and check the SMTP outgoing settings
- Step 2: In the server name field, type “smtpout(dot)secureserver(dot)net.”
- Step 3: Make sure the connection security option reads “STARTTLS.”
- Step 4: Your incoming and outgoing username is your email address
- Step 5: Change the port setting to 80 and select the ‘Use name and password’ option.
The server settings are case sensitive, so you must make sure you type the settings exactly as they are given in the above steps. You should also double check the server settings with your email client to make sure everything is in order.
Solution 2: Open Thunderbird from Safe Mode
One reason why users may find it difficult to log in to their email account on Mozilla Thunderbird is because of compatibility issues with a third-party application that is installed on the computer. You can refer to the steps below and open Thunderbird in Safe Mode to check if the issue can be resolved:
- Step 1: Use the Windows Key + I shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Update and Security section and go to ‘Recovery.’
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Restart Now’ button located in the right pane.
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section and open the ‘Advanced’ options.
- Step 5: Locate the startup settings and click the ‘Restart’ button
- Step 6: Press the appropriate keyboard key and choose which version of Safe Mode you want to open Thunderbird.
If you find that Thunderbird opens properly without any problem and you can log in to your account then you know that the Thunderbird email login error is most likely caused by a third-party application and not Thunderbird itself. You can call the Thunderbird technical support and speak to a trained software expert to find out how you can identify and uninstall the software or application that is causing the problem.
This Post Originally Published on Thunderbird email login