quickbookscustomerservice: How to Fix Quickbooks Error 6144
How to Fix Quickbooks Error 6144
QuickBooks error code 6144 occurs when the users are opening QuickBooks file on the application, and they do not open. These files are the corrupt or damaged QuickBooks files, and the use prevents you from opening it. Simultaneously you can't perform any other task neither on the primary system and nor by logging on to other systems. It is best that you get rid of this error as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will be resented from carrying out the daily tasks. The manual method of fixing this error has been provided below in detail and need of technical aid, you can ring up quickbooks customer service to discuss the issue with the certified techies.
Before you start with the procedure, keep in mind the following guidelines
- Please note that all the steps that are given below, leaving aside the last step must be performed on the main system/computer.
- The QuickBooks application must be closed on all the systems
- The antivirus software should be disabled for a temporary purpose
- Knowledge about the MS office version you currently working on
- Since Qbserviceuser is dependent on the version, so for Microsoft Office 2013, you should for Qbserviceuser23, for 2015, Qbserviceuser 25.
The process to solve QuickBooks error 6144
- Click on the Start icon of the system and type ‘Services’ in the search bar.
- Now click on the Service tab and search for ‘QBCFMonitoringservice.
- Ensure that the ‘service status is started’ and the ‘startup type is Automatic.’ If not, then do these mandatory changes.
Now you are required to change the option if Change Account type.
- For that go to Start>Control Panel>User Account
- Once done, choose from the option of Add/Remove user account and click on the QBDServices(no.) depending on the Microsoft version that is currently installed
- Click on ‘Administrator’ and then select ‘Change Account Type.’
- Now open Drive C folder in the system and create a folder by the name of QB. The given folders must be created; Administrator, Add User, Add System, Everyone, QB Data Service user(no.)
- Provide Read/Write access to all the folders
- Now copy and paste the company file, which is not opening in the newly created QuickBooks folder. You can always view the data from this default location.
Now create inbound and outbound Firewall Rules.
- For that, navigate to Firewall>Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced settings and select Inbound rules. Click on New Rule, then on Port, choose the TCP and add the port number based on the QB version.
- Once done, choose ‘Allow the connection’ and click on ‘Next.’
- Go through the same option to enable Outbound Firewall Rules
- After that, restore the files on the primary system.
Now to fix the option of other systems, you must know the IP address of your main computer. If you are not able to perform the task on other systems, then you can always take the technical assistance by dialing quickbooks customer support number.
Read More:- quickbooks pro customer service number
Source URL: How to Fix Quickbooks Error 6144