quickbookscustomerservice: How to Solve QuickBooks Error 15270
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 15270
QuickBooks is an accounting software developed by Intuit. It basically works online and provides users, especially small business owners, with accounting tools to help them manage their finances. To give users the advantage of the latest accounting software, Intuit regularly updates QuickBooks with new and improved features. These software updates usually include important bug fixes that help QuickBooks to run smoothly. Users are encouraged to check for updates as often as possible through the official QuickBooks website or by calling the quickbooks customer care for more details.
Although updating QuickBooks is really simple sometimes the software could encounter errors causing the update to halt. One such update error in QuickBooks is Error 15270. QuickBooks Error 15270 is the consequence of a missing file that may have interrupted the payroll update. This article will give you some suggestions on what to do when you are faced with this error.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
If you are struggling to download a payroll update on QuickBooks you may have seen a message that reads “QuickBooks Error 15270: The update is missing a file. The update is not successful.” You can follow the steps given below to resolve the error and continue using the QuickBooks software:
- Step 1: Save your data and restart QuickBooks. Open the ‘Help’ menu and click ‘Update QuickBooks’
- Step 2: Go to the update QuickBooks window and select ‘Update Now’.
- Step 3: Before clicking ‘Get Update’ be sure to checkmark the ‘Reset Updates box’.
- Step 4: You will know that the update is complete when you the ‘Get Updates’ button becomes active. When this happens, restart the software.
- Step 5: In case you see the update service message just click ‘Install Now’ and your QuickBooks update should install automatically.
- Step 6: Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees section and restart the process to install payroll updates.
- Step 7: Verify that you are downloading the entire payroll update and then select ‘Update’
Alternate Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15270
If the steps mentioned above do not work then you can try the QuickBooks solutions mentioned below to fix the problem:
- Change the network and use a wired internet connection and not Wi-Fi
- Go to Selective Startup and complete a clean install of QuickBooks
- Set internet explorer as your default browser before opening QuickBooks
- Follow the instructions to delete and rename the paysub.ini file
- If you are using Windows 7, 8 or Vista you should turn off User Account Controls and then restart QuickBooks.
For more details on any of the solutions, you can call the quickbooks customer support and consult a software expert. Through this QuickBooks helpline, you will be able to reach out to experts 24 hours a day and get the best solution to any QuickBooks related error, including QuickBooks Error 15270.
Read More:- quickbooks support number
Source URL: How to Solve QuickBooks Error 15270