Franco Adam: How to reset QuickBooks Administrator password
How to reset QuickBooks Administrator password
When you put your money in the bank you know that there are guards, cameras and other security measures in place to guard your money. But when you are doing transactions and managing finances online how can you be so sure it is safe? The QuickBooks software allows small and medium-sized businesses to safely manage their account and finances online. QuickBooks has a number of security measures in place so that users are protected when they use the software. You can contact QuickBooks Customer Service to find out what you can do to protect your data and transactions while using QuickBooks.
One of the simplest but most effective security measure in place is the administrator password. This password allows you to access company files and allows you to make changes to the same. In case you have forgotten your password do not panic. This article will guide you on how you can reset the QuickBooks Administrator password.
QuickBooks user information
Before resetting your password you need to have certain information about your account. This is a security precaution that will prevent a third party individual from resetting your password and accessing your account. Here is all the information you need before you begin can reset the QuickBooks Administrator password:
- QuickBooks 15-digit license number
- Full name of an authorized and registered contact on the account
- Email address of the same authorized contact
- Business phone number
- Zip code
Steps to reset your QuickBooks Administrator password
Once you have all the above-mentioned information you just need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the QuickBooks Login screen, and type ‘Admin’ as the Username, and click ‘I forgot my password’.
- Normally, when you are setting up your account you have the option of adding a ‘Challenge Question’ as a security precaution. If you did create a Challenge Question then you can just go ahead and answer it. That is a quick and easy way to reset the admin password. But if you do not know the ‘Challenge Question’ click ‘I forgot my answer’.
- You will have to fill the Reset QuickBooks Administrator Password form to proceed.
- Remember to complete the form with all the correct information according to your Intuit Account.
- You will receive a Password Reset Code via email sent to your registered email account. Check the subject line for the words ‘QuickBooks Automated Password Removal Service’.
- Enter the code in the field provided and follow the instructions to create your new Administrator password.
It is advisable to change your password at least once every six months. If you have any problem logging into your QuickBooks account because of the password then you should call the QuickBooks Customer Care Number as soon as possible because your account may not be sure. You can speak to a certified expert to get advice on how best to protect your account while using QuickBooks.
Source URL: How to reset QuickBooks Administrator password