Tp-link provides technical support over the phone. The telephone number you call for support depends on the product you're calling about.
To find the right number to call, find your product here, click Contact Support on the product page, then choose your specific device revision. You'll then be told to briefly explain the problem so as to see if you can find the answer on the website. Skip this part if the answer can't be found, by choosing No, contact support to the question "Were you able to find the solution to your question? " then Call Support on the following page to get the right phone number.
Tp-link Email & Forum Support
Tp-link provides support via email at the following address:
Tp-link also provides a forum as a way to further support their hardware. You can read through the forum all you want, but you can register for a user account here if you want to be notified of a post's activity or if you want to leave comments on a thread.
Note: The forum is only for registered owners of Tp-link products in the United States.
Additional Tp-link Support Options
If you need support for your Tp-link hardware but haven't been successful contacting Tp-link directly, see Get More Help for information about contacting me on social networks or via email, posting on tech support forums, and more.
As with nearly all other Tp-link routers, the DIR-605L does not have a default password. This means you can leave that field blank when logging on with these default credentials.
The Tp-link DIR-605L does have a default username of admin, however, so be sure to include that when signing in.
The DIR-605L's default IP address is 192.168.0.1 and is used to access the router's administration.
This information is valid for both hardware versions of the Tp-link DIR-605L router! Tp-link did not change any default access data from version A to version B.
Help! The DIR-605L Default Password Doesn't Work!
It's definitely recommended to change the DIR-605L default password to something complex, and hard to guess, because leaving it blank obviously isn't a good security practice. However, doing that means maybe you've forgotten the password yourself.
The only option you have if you don't know the DIR-605L password is to reset the router to its factory default settings, meaning the username and password will be restored to their simple defaults listed above.
Resetting a router is not the same thing as restarting a router. Resetting will remove all the settings, including any custom password or username, effectively resetting the software back to factory defaults. This is different from restarting which is simply shutting the device down and then powering it back on.
Here's how to do that:
1. Turn the DIR-605L around so you have full access to the back of the router.
2. Find your way to the far right side of the back of the router, next to the right antenna, to locate the recessed Reset button (if you can't find it, see Page 3 of the manual linked below for a picture of this part of the router).
3. Press and hold down the Reset button for 10 seconds. You may need to use a paperclip or other small, pointy tool to get through the hole.
4. Give the router an additional 30 seconds to cycle through the reset procedure and power back on.
5. Remove the power cable from the back of the DIR-605L for just a few seconds and then plug it back in.
6. Wait another 30 seconds for the router to finish starting up.
7. You can now use the default information from above (admin username and a blank password) to get back into your router.
8. Create a new password for the router and save it somewhere safe so you always have access to it, like in a free password manager.
For more details : www.quickhelps.co/phone-number/tp-link/